Lifetime Income Benefit in Houston
Guidance from Workers' Compensation Lawyers
If you have been seriously injured on the job, you may be entitled to Lifetime Income Benefits. Recalde Law Firm, PLLC provides legal assistance for clients seeking workers' compensation due to a work-related injury or illness. Our Houston workers' compensation attorneys work to help you pursue benefits to recover without financial concerns.
Also known as LIBs, Lifetime Income Benefits provide long-term income revenue for people who have sustained serious injury and cannot return to work. They are calculated as 75% of your average weekly wage, and the amount of your benefit increases by 3% every year. LIBs are the greatest amount of income benefits available and are based on the seriousness of your injury.
Receive the Help You Need
LIBs are based on specific conditions that are stipulated in the Texas Labor Code and the Division of Workers' Compensation Rules. Our Houston workers' compensation attorneys can work with you to find out if you are eligible for LIBs and guide you through the application process.
How do you know if you are eligible for LIBs? The following can help:
- You have lost both hands at or above the wrist.
- You have lost both feet at or above the ankle.
- You have permanent and total loss of sight in both eyes.
- You have lost one foot and one hand at or above the ankle and wrist.
- At least 40% of your body suffers from third-degree burns and requires skin grafting procedures.
- You suffer from third-degree burns that cover the majority of either both hands or one hand and your face.
- You have a spine injury that results in complete and permanent paralysis of both arms, both legs, or one arm or one leg.
- You have a traumatic injury to the brain that results in incurable insanity or imbecility.
Under Texas law, the loss of function or use of a certain body part counts as a loss of that body part. It is important to seek compensation for your injury through LIBs as soon as possible. We are experienced and can help you apply for LIBs so you can get financial relief. You are under enough stress already without having to deal with a financial burden due to your inability to work. We stand by your side throughout the process to keep your mind at ease.
Call on our Houston workers' compensation lawyers today