Workers’ Comp

Compensation for Your Injuries

Learn More



Helpful Insight & Information

Get Answers


Get Started

Request a Free Consultation

Schedule Yours

Houston Family Law Modifications Lawyer

Need a Family Law Attorney to Help Your Case?

At Recalde Law Firm, PLLC, our Houston family law attorneys have more than a decade of legal experience helping families navigate the complex system involved in modification of court orders after a divorce. We understand that situations often change after a divorce and the need for court order modification is necessary. Whether you were let go from your job, you had a change in income, or you remarried, we can work with you to devise a plan based on the best interests of you and your children.

Call 855-687-9903 for your free consultation.

Modifying Child Support and Conservatorship Orders

Modification of conservatorship, absent agreement of the parties, can sometimes be difficult. The moving party, or “movant,” is required to prove the change is in the best interest of the child and one of the following:

  • A child at least 12-years-old has met with the judge in chambers and expressed a desire for a change in conservatorship.
  • There has been a material and substantial change in the circumstances of the child or a party affected by the order.
  • The conservator with the exclusive right to designate residence of the child has willingly relinquished the primary custody and control for the child to another person for at least 6 months (excluding periods of deployment in the military).

In order to modify your child support obligation or the amount of child support you are owed in Texas, you have to show the circumstances of the child or a person affected by the child support order has materially and substantially changed since the date of the previous court order. You may also show that it has been 3 years since the last order last entered and the amount of child support would change by either 20% or $100.00 from the amount that would be awarded in accordance with the guidelines.

Call our Houston family law lawyers at 855-687-9903 today.

Start with a Free Consultation

Practice Area

How Can We Help You?




Translate »
Recalde Law Firm

Recalde Law Firm